Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Tooth Fairy is making an early visit...

Well, its happening... I am sad because it means my baby is growing up. I know its premature and we'll have 3 or 4 yrs before they all start coming out and I think the prematurity (if that's even a word) of the situation is why it hurts. I want to see my child as still my baby!!!

So, here's what happened. About 1 1/2 yrs ago Ben hurt his front teeth and went through this whole healing process where they turned brown and then they went white again. Well, right after we moved to Vegas last year he got an infection on his gums right by one of the teeth he hurt. We went to a not so good dentist and she was not helpful but he took antibiotics and it went away. Then when we moved into our house the infection came back and so he finally went to a new dentist and sure enough, the whole tooth is infected and needs to come out!!! I'm very sad, because it is one of his front 2 teeth. I think we're going to be okay and I've been discussing it with Ben and he and Ricky seem to be taking it fine, like no big deal.

So, one more set of Family pics and videos of him with a full set of teeth and then on Dec. 14th the Toothfairy will be making a visit to our house to collect Ben's first tooth. A big moment that is coming a few years early. It's weird to me that it is so difficult for me and not for Ricky and I think its just because I view losing teeth as growing up and because it's happening before its supposed too and I wasn't prepared emotionally. :) I'm getting there...


No comments: