Friday, August 1, 2008

Stewart Falls Hike


We hiked to Stewart Falls with Jens friend Kira and her friends. We started the hike at about 7:30pm. As always, Steward Falls was just as beautifull as before ... except this time we got to see it at a different time of day when the sun was setting. Yes, I did say when the sun was setting. We had to hike back in almost complete darkness with a baby on our backs trying not to trip over surprise rocks and roots. The group was divided into 3 seperate groups and one of the groups missed the shortcut that takes us through Aspen Grove Lodge. Pitch black outside, we had a small organized search party looking for our lost friends. It was great fun ... and deffintely a new experience for us. This is the first time I've done night hiking. Next time I will take a flash light because our cell phones don't exactly light up the path very well.



This is the river leading away from the waterfall. It was relaxing to enjoy it.


Oh ... Here's us and Benjamin in his carrier. He loves his carrier because he likes to kick me in the sides to keep me walking ...... I felt like I was his personal donkey.



Here's Jen and her friend Kira from Calgary Canada. She was in town for an oboe conference and we all met up to go on the hike. (Thanks Kira .. The Hike was Fun)


And here is some evidence that Benjamin was having fun too ... He enjoyed it so much that he instantly fell asleep in the car after we put him in. Ben likes to express his fun by falling asleep instantly after setting him down. Benjamin didn't think the hike was hard at all.



2 comments:

Linley and Austin said...

Oh my gosh, he is getting so big!!! What a cutie pie! Ricky, I laughed my butt off at your comment about you being his personal donkey! That was hilarious ;) Glad you guys had fun!

Hayward Family said...

Looks like fun! I'm glad you guys weren't lost for long! Your little guy is so cute!!