Saturday, October 15, 2011

SO EXCITED!!!!

After a long year and a half, I am so excited to finally announce Benjamin will be a BIG BROTHER!!

BABY #2 will make his/her debut June 20, 2012!!

We are very excited and looking forward to bringing another precious child into our lives. It is long overdue and we couldn't be happier.

Interesting tidbits on finding out:

**I couldn't sleep the other night and took a home test at 3:00am and was positive!!! I even woke Ricky up to tell him. Then I couldn't believe it and took a second one at 6:00am and it was still positive. It was so unreal...I've taken several pregnancy tests over the last year and a half and always negative and then start my period the day I take it.

**I couldn't wait a month to confirm the pregnancy with my doctor, since we've been trying for over a year to get pregnant, and so I visited a free clinic near the strip, which added a ghetto/memorable experience to confirming my pregnancy. Never again!!! But they were really nice and I learned way more than I needed to know about the risks of abortion. LOL!! But the lady consulting me was so nice and excited for me and even wanted a hug. I think she was happy to encounter someone who actually wanted to be pregnant and have a baby.

**Told Ben today and he was so happy! He wanted to tickle the baby and kept asking if the baby was ready to come. He understands days by how many "sleeps", so we told him the baby will come in 280 "sleeps". and he enjoyed looking at pics on the internet of what the baby looks like now and in the coming weeks. and when we told him he could help out by changing diapers, he said "but I don't know how to wipe his butt!" So, he's excited along with us.

3 comments:

Stacie S-H said...

aw congrats to you guys! Just finished reading a blog post of a comp from the mission who is pregnant with her first and due in late winter 2012 with a girl. Then I come to your blog and find out another baby is coming to you guys! Lol so much baby news. Hope you are feeling well!

Kira said...

WOOOHOOOO!!!! YEAH!!!! Congratulations Jen!

Natalie said...

Jen...I know it's been a while since your post but I wanted to say congratulations!!! I am so excited for you. At the same time, condolences about being pregnant. :-) Don't you just wish we could have a baby without the pregnancy?

Also, wanted to let you know that we're expecting our third girl in 6 weeks. It's been a long, rough road, hence me disappearing off the face of the earth.

Benjamin is so cute. I can't wait to see another Cole! You'll have to post when you know if it's a boy or girl (soon?)